Friday, September 24, 2010

talbots signature denim – dark denim boot leg jeans outfits

Many thanks to Talbots I have a new pair of jeans. 

outfitsanon occas plus 085

Talbots must have seen me blogging about them or felt me drooling all over them,  realized I was a fan and they kindly offered me an opportunity to try their new denim - a no brainer since I love their feminine modern classic styling – think Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn if they were alive today – I believe this is the style of clothing they would wear. 

They have a mind boggling number of choices in their new denim line – it’s here –  leg openings, rises, washes, and styles – and  they put a lot of effort into getting a great fit and I will have to say it worked.  This pair fits me like a glove –  I was worried because I have recently changed sizes and so all I had to go on were my measurements - and the jeans are comfortable, not itchy, because they are only 1% spandex. 

I chose the lower rise since I am a little short in the waist and the rinse is dark blue.  I chose the boot cut because it is universally flattering.

First photo is my personal collection of Talbots which is down to this skirt and turtleneck which I adore -  I foolishly gave away another Talbots skirt after I gained weight which would now fit me.  It is bad advice to give away quality classic clothing just because you have gained weight – I will never listen to that advice again -

 

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 022

I feel very smart in above skirt and turtleneck -

and now the new jeans -

 

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 052

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 065

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 042

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 072

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 077

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 087

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 090

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 102

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 113

hard to tell but this is a chambray shirt and lace scarf -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 121

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 127

it feels so right to mix this disco belt with classic clothing -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 161

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 173

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 186

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 201

a sequin and black lace homemade necklace, a vintage velvet clutch, eye-catching heels,  and I am ready for a dressy evening -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 215

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 220

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 231

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 238

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 241

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 244

just a tee shirt, statement necklace, and heels -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 245 

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 250

a ruffle blouse and dolman sleeve cardi – kitten heels – this is ladies who lunch in jeans -  and his mom will love you -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 276

I adore kelly green and navy blue – the tie dye scarf brings it back from prepsville -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 295

a white linen blouse – classic but stylish flats - you can never go wrong with a combo like this -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 300

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 321

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 326

a quality bag and quality jeans really dress up a simple tee shirt -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 330

this is a bow tee shirt – hard to see – sweet with the keds though -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 345

Dark rinse denim looks awesome with a black tee -

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 364

outfitsanon talbots signature denim 334

How about you :)  Which denim wash,  rise, and leg opening would you choose if you had the opportunity?  And how would you wear them?

Talbots has put a lot of effort into modernizing their image but I never had a problem with their image to begin with  – I have always admired their clothes and I have shopped there for years - so this is my heartfelt message to Talbots -

I love you just the way you are –

You can find Talbots’ Clothing blog, The Red Chair Confessions here.  Unfortunately I am always getting it confused with The Red Shoe Diaries.   : |