Thursday, June 10, 2010

Falling Leaves Hand Painted Velvet Scarf by pollyannedesigns

I like to go over to Etsy once a week and see what's new, and today I found this lovely hand painted velvet scarf.


37USD



I am sort of a sucker for velvet. My grandmother had an old victorian parlor set of burgandy velvet furniture that I loved as a child. It reminded me of Gone With the Wind. So anything velvet brings sweet memories to mind, the smell of her baking cookies in the kitchen while my cousins and I played hide and seek around the big padded furniture. My mother would catch up on all the news with her sisters, and we could all hear their joyous laughter, they were always so happy to be together.

So this is what velvet makes me think of: comfort, femininity, security, and old fashioned lifestyle. And when you mix those velvet surrounded family memories with new sherbet rainbow trends (I showed my love for this pastel French Connection dress here):





 well, I love it.









There are other beautiful hand painted and burned out velvet scarves, along with lovely hand dyed silk scarves in pollyannedesigns Etsy shop, but I am definitely partial to the the velvet. Just one more to show you, here is a burned out stripe velvet scarf in her shop I think anyone would be happy to add to their wardrobe. You will be happy to know her shop says she ships anywhere. 





that's almost the color of my grandma's sofa ; )