Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The best outfits just happen.

I have noticed because of the many times I have passed out in my clothing at night (no, not from partying...from working late or just wiping myself out on one of my home projects which is heaven to me), that when I get up the next day and have to rush out in a hurry with half of yesterday's outfit and half of today's that somehow it works better than anything else I could ever conjure up in my room. I think it has to do with being spontaneous, and not trying too hard. I also think it has to do with activity appropriateness and comfort. If you are dressing with a specific activity in mind and your outfit is useful to that end, it ends up having a certain poetic sense that decorative dressing can just never have.

What do you think? Anybody else experienced this?